Posted on February 13, 2014 at 1:34 pm
This role consists of helping the digital team deliver creative and technically outstanding search marketing for our clients.
Your tasks will include:
- Producing keyword analyses, recommendations documents and technical reports, and routinely dealing with complex SEO issues on an ad-hoc basis.
- Contributing to the development of an SEO strategy for our clients, and proactively identifying new SEO opportunities and making suggestions for SEO strategy, site improvements and link building opportunities for retained and prospective clients on an ongoing basis.
- Working with the whole team and sharing knowledge and experience with digital executives and helping Maze Media to develop and improve it’s offering.
- Manage or assist with managing PPC accounts for our clients, applying best practice techniques to deliver the best possible results within the specified budget.
- Attending and contributing to client meetings along with other members of the Maze team and taking part in conference calls.
- Assisting in the preparation and delivery of proposals and pitches for new business.
- Analysing website data and producing detailed reports.
You will also be expected to maintain your knowledge of the changing search industry, through independent research, sharing knowledge with other members of the team and attending industry events and sharing your learning with the rest of the company.
- You will have an excellent understanding of both on and off page SEO, technical SEO considerations and a desire and ability to learn more.
- You will have a logical and analytical mind, show initiative and take pride in your work.
- You will have enough experience of delivering SEO for websites to begin to make a difference to our clients’ campaigns straight away.
- You should be a confident and effective communicator, able to simply and effectively convey complex ideas both verbally and in well-written English.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- A thorough understanding of how search engines work
- At least one years experience of applying modern SEO strategies and techniques.
- A confident and clear communicator, both in person and on the phone.
- Understanding of web analytics.
- Ability to code websites using HTML and CSS.
- Knowledge and understanding in related fields including web analytics, PPC and social media.
- Adwords Qualified.
- Educated to degree level or with equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in helping websites achieve search engine success in competitive industries.
Salary dependant on experience.
Please email your CV to email@example.com
Posted on February 7, 2014 at 8:23 pm
Never has there been a better time to talk about social media marketing. Whether you’re
going to need a simple campaign with the big networks like Facebook and Twitter, right up
to a full social media strategy, we understand that social networking is a great opportunity to
give your brand a fresh boost or create awareness for a brand new business.
You will be in charge, but we can fully control your accounts or just suggest a strategy. It’s
up to you how much or how little you do yourself, but we can make sure that what goes out is
never irrelevant nor inappropriate (nor even dull!) and is always engaging. We are constantly
going through the various social media channels, taking note of trends and what’s going
to work best for our different clients. Your blogs, social marketing sites and online newsfeeds,
let alone the more famous social media networks, should all be working smartly together for
you and your business. With us you know that if a network is becoming big, from the UK to
Down Under, we’re ready to make the most of it for you. We also know that social media will
never be a stand-alone tool, it needs to integrate with your other platforms, but in a way that’s
going to make real a difference to your business.
To be most effective your online marketing has to be consistent, so having a single team to
run everything means that you can be confident it’s fulfilling its potential. Of course we’ll be
around to follow your lead and make sure your social media will still be completely bespoke -
and knowing you’re in control without having to do the work will feel like you’re relaxing on a
You may have thought about using Twitter and Facebook, but what about others? If you have
never considered sites like Tumblr, Pinterest or even YouTube, where image-led people are
going to view what’s new, you could be missing out on groups of consumers who are willing
to engage with your message and potentially use your product or service. Maze can even
make the videos for you, and advise on how to engage with different demographics.
You may want to use B2B networks like LinkedIn, or ones tailored to your industry, but you
cry out for advice on how best to use them to actually make a difference to your business.
Never giving it a go would be a shame, but trying it without a clear, fully integrated strategy is
going to be a waste of time, and that’s why our experience can help you along.
To a newcomer this may seem like a huge world of hashtags and you may not know what to
say to get noticed and gain a following. But with an integrated social strategy you can say
goodbye to your ‘newcomer’ status, and join the rest of the modern business world. You may
never get the exposure that social media offers using other more traditional avenues, and be
going round in circles whilst your competitors move forward, gaining likes, links, and contacts
to suppliers and consumers through social networks. That’s where we can help you. We won’t
tell you how to run your business (that’s your job), but we can make sure that when you start
a social media campaign you are making the most of it.
Lie back, relax and think of that desert island. Maze can take the stress out of social media,
and you can just do as much or as little as you like. We’ll make sure your strategy doesn’t
hurt your business. Finally, to show how much we know about new trends, you’ll see that if
you read the first word of every line above, this is a Rick Roll essay. Rick Roll
Posted on October 3, 2013 at 9:56 am
On Friday 20th September a trainload of Mazelings were thrust southwards to Camden to enjoy the unique atmosphere, and have a chance to sample the inspirational works of art at the David Roberts Art Foundation.
This was a great chance to see some fantastic pieces of art that can inspire, wow and educate our team of creative peeps.
With the colours of Camden market and fantastic street food throwing the senses into overload it was an inspirational triumph. Throw a great evening meal into the mix and you get smiley faces. Win.
To see what our creative team can do for you, just get in touch.
Posted on September 14, 2013 at 9:53 am
Bikesure Insurance offered their customers a chance to win a trackday with multiple World Superbike Champion, Carl Fogarty. As well as Maze Media organising and promoting the event, running the competition and liaising with press, Louis and Damien were there to make sure the event went as planned and to make the most of the day from a PR perspective.
Working alongside the team at Cadwell Park, the event was a fantastic success, with high praise from the motorcycling press, corporate guests and the excited competition winners.
With winners of all abilities taking to the track alongside their hero in fantastic Lincolnshire sunshine, the Maze team captured the action on film. View our video production of the day’s events here.
Posted on August 27, 2013 at 9:51 am
8am, Thursday August 22nd saw two of our members of staff, Damien and Emily, starting the Lap of Anglia, a challenging (or ‘mad’ in the common parlance) 400 mile cycle ride over 4 days to highlight the massive area covered by the East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA). The event was the brainchild of Damien and backed by Adrian Flux Insurance, and aims to raise enough money for a day of missions for one of the helicopters, at a cost of around £10000.
With pre-event chats on local radio (Damien being described by the DJs as a ‘trained talker’, which he decided was a compliment) and features in the press, plus building up a fantastic following on social media, the word quickly spread about the event and, most importantly, about the Air Ambulance.
Damien and Emily were joined by 11 other amateur cyclists from all over East Anglia to tackle over 100 miles a day for 4 days straight, starting in our home town of King’s Lynn, and ending day one in Northampton via Rutland Water. Day two looped past Silverstone, Buckingham, and Milton Keynes before going via Luton towards Cambridge. Day three passed through Ipswich to follow the coast up to Lowestoft, before the final day took the around the stunning Norfolk coastline back to King’s Lynn. We have been assured that absolutely none of it was downhill… hm, right…
Despite countless punctures, chain issues, saddles coming loose, pedals breaking and other bike problems that we can’t begin to understand let alone describe, plus rider injuries and tumbles, all 13 cyclists made it back in (roughly) one piece at 7:30pm Sunday night, to a warm reception from friends, family and representatives from the EAAA.
For more information on this event, which promises to be bigger next year, keep an eye out on www.lapofanglia.co.uk, and on the event’s Twitter and Facebook pages. For more information about the EAAA visit www.eaaa.org.uk
To find out how we can organise your event, or spread the word about it, just get in touch.
Well done Damien and Emily, we’re very proud, but you could have picked us up a few bits of shopping whilst out and about, though, y’know made yourselves useful…